Hey yall! Last week I received an unexpected DM on Instagram from the beautiful Naomi Trevino of Finite1.com, letting me know that she had nominated little ol’ me for the Liebster Award and how she loved what I was doing! Now, I’m gonna keep it real with yall – I had never heard of this award so when I saw the message, I immediately Google’d it. LOL! But, talk about confirmation!! I see you, God, I see you!!
How the Liebster Award Works:
The Liebster Award basically recognizes new bloggers! It is a way to connect us with others who have similar passions as we do. So, I have answered the questions from Naomi below. I will nominate different bloggers for the Liebster Award, and ask them to answer a new set of questions. The nominees can make a new blog post about being nominated and answer the questions I ask, which allows every follower of each blog to know the writer better. They nominate up to ten bloggers and create their own questions for them.
A few rules to keep in mind:
- Post a picture of the Liebster Award in your blog post.
- Make sure to create a category called the Liebster Award.
- Acknowledge that I nominated you.
- Make sure to let the lovely bloggers you are nominating know that they are nominated.
- Have fun!!!!!
Questions from Naomi:
- Why did you start blogging and what is your favorite thing about blogging? Two of my favorite things are reading/writing and fashion. I started blogging because I love to write and I find that it is therapeutic. As I am going through this journey of finding my purpose and living it out to the fullest, I wanted to share with others how God is showing me the way, hopefully inspiring them to do the same. I also love sharing my Outfit of the Day posts and found that I sometimes had a little too much to say on IG so I felt that blogging would give me a better platform to do that. Haha!
- Where did you grow up? I was born and raised in Georgia and have been here for all of my life. I dream of moving to California. One day. My husband is not quite feeling that idea but I am still working on him. 🙂
- What is your favorite movie? Hmmm…it is a tie between Grease 2 and Boyz N the Hood. Opposite ends of the spectrum I know, but that’s what it is. I know all the lines and songs for both.
- Where would your dream vacation be? My dream vacation would include months of traveling to the nicest, prettiest, and cleanest beaches all over the world. I would love to spend about 3 to 5 full days at each one.
- What is your favorite dessert? I am not really a dessert person most of the time, but I love me some chocolate. Give me some dark chocolate from Godiva and I’m in heaven.
- Are you more of a morning person or a night owl? I don’t know anymore. Prior to the last year or so, I was definitely a morning person, but it seems that I am slowly turning into a night owl.
- What is your favorite quote and why? My name means “God is my strength” and I truly believe that I can do all things through Him. Another one is “You become the company you keep, so choose the relationships you want to nurture wisely.” It needs no explanation. I keep only positive, driven, motivating, and supportive people around me.
- What are the most important qualities in a friend in your opinion? Loyalty, Supportive, Honesty
- If you were stranded alone on an island and you could only have 3 things, what would they be? WHAT?! My phone, lip stuff, and toothbrush.
- If you could have lunch with any famous person, past or present, who would it be and what would you ask them? It would totally be Beyonce. I am obsessed. The girl is fierce and I love it. I would ask her how she balances everything (career, wife, mother, self, etc.). My schedule is nowhere near as crazy as hers and I can barely keep up.
Bloggers I’ve nominated:
Questions for Nominated Bloggers:
- What made you start a blog?
- How did you come up with the name for your blog?
- What would you say has been your biggest lesson in blogging so far?
- What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of starting a blog?
- Beach or Mountains?
- What is something you’re passionate about?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- Pants or Dress/Skirt?
- Heels or Flats?
- How would you describe your style?