Blazers are my jam!! If you follow me on Instagram, you likely know this already. But yes, I probably wear blazers 4 out of 5 days a week.
Here are five reasons why I love blazers:
- They provide two completely different looks in one outfit (separate post coming soon).
- Blazers gives that polished professional look that I like to have when meeting with clients. I have learned that people treat you how you look. It may not always be accurate or fair, but that’s the way it is. I want to always be taken seriously so I make sure that I carry myself accordingly. This is especially the case for us females who work in male-dominated industries.
- They’re good for covering up certain areas, especially the back side of those pants that might have gotten a little snug since you first bought them. 🙂
- Blazers are good for toning down a bright outfit or providing a color pop for a neutral outfit.
- They are perfect for layering.
Let’s get started.
Teal, Orange, and Houndstooth. This teal blazer is one that I found at Macy’s several years ago for like $10. It has the ruched detailing on the sleeves, which I love. Decided to pair it with a sleeveless orange bow top. I wanted to keep the rest of the outfit plain so I added these classic black and white houndstooth pants and black pumps.
Blazer: XOXO | Top: The Limited | Pants: Old Navy | Shoes: BCBGeneration
Navy, Green, and Pink. I felt like a little print mixing so I paired this navy and white striped blazer with this navy and white gingham button up. I love navy and green together so I added these green pants and of course I had to have some pink in here somewhere so…
Blazer: H&M | Shirt: J. Crew | Pants: The Limited | Shoes: ALDO
Red, Aqua and Gray. This is a situation where I used the gray blazer and shoes to tone down an otherwise bright outfit.
Blazer: H&M | Top: Express | Pants: The Limited | Shoes: Nine West
Gray, White and Floral. This white sweater has nice lace details and the sleeves are sheer lace, which makes it inappropriate for work (IMO), but totally appropriate for an event that I was attending after work. Adding the blazer made it easy to transition this outfit from work to an evening event. I wanted my floral shoes to be the focal point of this Casual Friday outfit so I made everything else neutral. Tip: Cuffing your jeans can also help achieve this effect.
Blazer: H&M | Sweater: H&M | Jeans: Citizens of Humanity | Shoes: LOFT